Leather is a natural product, and as such, it has limitations and needs. Properly cared for, our leather products will last for many years. Please take the time to read the below:
- Do Not Put in the Dishwasher
- Modern dishwashers have hot water - and lots of it. Heat hardens the leather and when heat combine with water, the result could be akin to armour. However, we have been told that you can throw one of our leather cups at the camp dishwasher and it will not kill him or her. We don't advise this however.
- Do Not Microwave
- Heat again. Consider what happens to steak if left in the microwave too long.
- Do Not Submerge in Water or other liquids
- While we make every effort to seal our products, small, natural imperfections will allow water into the leather. This can get water into areas that we are unable to seal thoroughly and you may end up discoloring any leather product.
- Do Not Drop in a Fire
- We have been told that one did survive a house fire, but leather can burn just like your skin.
Three 20+ year old mugs, still being used almost daily.
- Hand wash inside with warm soapy water
- Any soap will do. If something was left that needs soaking, fill with warm soapy water until loosened. You can use a soft brush like a bottle brush to scrub the bottom if really necessary. Do not use a steel wool pad.
- Towel dry outside
- You can towel dry the inside as well, or just refill with a beverage of your choice and enjoy. By removing extra moisture from the outside, you reduce the chance of spotting the finish.
- Do not drop sharp, pointed knives into a cup or mug
- The sharp point may pierce the lining and cause a leak. While this may be able to be fixed, the exterior may discolor due to water damage.
- Towel dry outside
- Spotting from water drops may occur. This is normal. The sooner the product is wiped off, the less spotting will occur.
Heat damage to a rubber lining from 20+ years of hot coffee every day. We were able to remove and replace the lining.
- When problems are noticed, please contact us at a show or via phone or email. We stand behind our products and will try to repair any problem. From snapped or cut stitches to lost laces and rings to damaged linings, we will fix what we can.
- Please note, water damage is one thing we cannot fix.
- Leather will darken with age and exposure to sunlight. We cannot lighten the color when this happens, especially to undyed, natural color.